Below is a selection of my projects, as well as downloads (where available and permitted).
Disclaimer: Please note that the software on this page may be incomplete/have issues, and I accept no responsibility for any problems that occur.
Created using the ASGE framework, a 2D top-down game where your enemy is not the machines, but humans.
Play as Ava: in the first half of the game, escape the Bluebook facility, while obtaining body parts to make yourself the most convincing human doppelgänger possible and bypass Bluebook’s security protocols to hide yourself from the humans. In the second half of the game, lose yourself within the city and avoid Bluebook’s security force and the police.
They want to deactivate you for becoming sentient . Don’t let them, and learn what it truly means to be human.
A game level created in Unreal, for a university assignment.
You’re a policeman who has come to a remote Scottish island community to investigate a series of strange disappearances, but you’re about to be propelled into the most advanced realms of the modern world when you find out that the genetics research facility that owns the island has been conducting highly illegal genetics research, using the island community as test subjects, when trying to create super-humans via the DNA of a captured being from another world.
This being, simply called “the Entity” is now in control of the entire island.
Will the player find the victims dead or alive? Will the Entity allow them to investigate and leave the island?
A copy of the Haunted House BASIC game created for a university assignment, programmed in the ASGE framework and C++.
Used a console-based system created with the framework, as well as a mini-map.
A combined playthrough of the original BASIC version of the game (left) and the C++ version (right) can be seen here.
A clone of Angry Birds created for a university assignment, programmed in the ASGE framework and C++. This is the first time I had used an external library in a C++ game (SFML’s sound module) and created a proprietary system the storage of menu and level objects.
A version of Space Invaders created for a university assignment, programmed in the ASGE framework and C++. Has a classic mode (complete with bunkers that can be destroyed by the player, like in the original), and three other modes utilising various types of curve.
This one took me just over six hours to make (the shortest time I’ve spent from start to finish on a game).
A version of ATARI Breakout created for a university assignment, programmed in the ASGE framework and C++.
(2018 & [maybe?] 2019)
I’m considering porting this over to iOS as a proper native app (would be my first smartphone application), using the Unity engine.
A variant of Pong created for a university assignment, programmed in the ASGE game framework and C++.
(2015 – Present)
I built in the C# programming language a networked system that could replace a legacy networking system for a game that had been terminated a year prior (GameSpy). This worked well, and while development of the project has stopped due to educational commitments, the system is still running via support from the community.
As of September 2018, the system has processed 2.1b client queries, consumed 5.2TB (estimated) of bandwidth, and had 2,564 registered users worldwide.